Motivational Interviewing for HIV (6.0 CEs)
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the four (4) components of the spirit of Motivational Interviewing (MI), and why each is important to the effective application of MI.
- Explain the rationale for using MI skills in HIV treatment settings.
- Define at least three (3) key principles of MI that that can be utilized in conversations with clients.
- Describe the importance of active listening before problem-solving solutions for the client.
- Describe and demonstrate the effective delivery of at least three (3) MI micro-skills that can be used to help increase readiness for change.