- F/TDF (Truvada): eCrCl must be ≥ 60ml/min
F/TAF (Descovy): eCrCl must be ≥ 30ml/min
- F/TDF (Truvada): adefovir
F/TAF (Descovy): St. John’s Wort, rifampin, rifabutin, rifapentine
CAB (Apretude): rifampicin, rifapentine, carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital
- Substantial risk of HIV acquisition in the past 72 hours
- Requires a negative lab-based 4th-gen HIV Ag/Ab test OR POC HIV Ag/Ab test (Abbott Determine).
If the patient has been on oral PrEP/PEP in the past 3 months or injectable PrEP in the past year, also needs a negative HIV-RNA test in the past week.
Oral fluid tests or HIV-Ab only POC tests are not recommended.
- Substantial HIV-exposure event AND symptoms of ARS unexplained by a more likely diagnosis in the past 4 weeks